- Bequests enable many individuals to make significant gifts that they could not have made during life.
STOCKS, BONDS & REAL ESTATE
- A gift of appreciated property such as securities or real estate can generate a double tax benefit: a charitable deduction for its full fair market value, plus no capital gains tax on the property.
- You can gift your retirement assets, including a gift from your IRA, 401k, pension or other existing tax-deferred plans. Some of these options can have tax advantages for donors over 70 ½.
- You can gift your life insurance policy as a legacy gift.
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES
- In exchange for a transfer of cash, marketable securities, or in some cases real estate, UGM can contractually guarantee to make specific annuity payments to you or another beneficiary for life.
CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUSTS
- Similar to other types of trusts, a charitable remainder trust gives UGM what is left in the trust after it terminates. The trust provides a variable stream of income to the beneficiary over time.
CHARITABLE LEAD TRUST
- This option may appeal to individuals who wish to make a gift but retain the property in their family. You can transfer cash or property to fund a trust that makes gifts to UGM for a number of years.